Assistant Professor of Latina/o Studies and Religion
Office: Schapiro Hall, Room 116
A.B.: Columbia University
M.A.: Union Theological Seminary in New York
Ph.D.: Claremont Graduate University
- Scriptures and (No) Place: Aztlán, the New Jerusalem, and Utopian Imaginations of California (in process).
- “Latinos/as and Catholic-Jewish Relations in the Americas.” In Toward the Future: Essays on Catholic-Jewish Relations in Memory of Rabbi Leon Klenicki, ed. Celia Deutsch, Eugene Fisher, and James Rudin. Paulist Press Stimulus Foundation Series (forthcoming).
- “Reading from No Place: Towards a Hybrid and Ambivalent Study of Scriptures.” In What Does It Mean to Be a Latina/o Biblical Critic, ed. Fernando F. Segovia and Francisco Lozada. Semeia Studies (forthcoming).
- “Struggling with Mindsets of Domination.” In Feminist Biblical Studies in the 20th Century, ed. Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza. Vol. 20 of The Bible and Women: An Encyclopedia of Exegesis and Cultural History (forthcoming).
- “Scripting Latinidad: (Re)Defining Textual Selves and Worlds in the Age of
MySpace.” The Journal of Hispanic/Latino Theology (February 2009)